Wow...can you believe it is already 2013 and that the day is almost gone? I've heard it said before and it is true - time does fly and it flies quickly the older you get. It would be wrong to attempt to predict what is in store for me or for any of us in the coming year. My hope is for positivity in myself and for the world. We spend so much time focusing on the negative that it is often forgotten that there is positive out there. I know I sometimes find myself focusing on that which is negative and I allow it to block the good.
I have two public goals that I'd like to share on this blog. Will it help me reach them? I don't know but I share them with you anyway.
- I will be 40 years old this year and I do not take care of myself. I do not exercise regularly and I do not eat right. I am asking for health issues for the future so I want to change this. I am currently 195 pounds and, by the end of 2013, I would like to be 175. 20 is not a number that is out of the question.
- I plan to blog and be consistent at doing so. I know that I chose two topics that are drastically different - HR and Doctor Who - and that creating an audience for such will be difficult. I am not in this for fame but only to share my thoughts with whoever might read these posts. I hope that we will have a follow-up post to this one on January 01, 2014.
What are some of your personal and/or professional goals for 2013? What are you wanting to accomplish in your personal and/or professional lives?
- From The Vault: The ROI of You - August 19, 2014
- The Overthink - August 18, 2014
- A Death in Ferguson - August 17, 2014
- Doctor Who: Lessons At The End - August 16, 2014
- The Impact of Work-Related Changes - August 12, 2014
- Performance I Create Captures My Attention! - July 25, 2014
- The HR to Who Interview: Tim Barry - July 25, 2014
- Thank You, Google, for Giving Google Drive a Facelift - July 10, 2014
- 14 Posts from #SHRM14 - July 3, 2014
- A Review of Skillz Drillz - June 28, 2014