August: SHRM Member Get-A-Member
It’s no secret that I support SHRM and saw today that SHRM is running the Member Get-A-Member promotion for the month of August. The following information is mostly taken from the SHRM website but is done so in hopes that it might reach a person working in Human Resources who has never heard of the Society for Human Resource Management.
If you are a national SHRM member you can be rewarded for referring a new member during the month of August.
Here’s how it works (from the SHRM Website):
YOUR REWARDS — Receive a $20 Amazon.com gift card* for each of the first five new members recruited. ($100 maximum reward per referrer.) Even if you bring in just one new member, you get a $20 Amazon.com gift card.
HOW WE TRACK — If your referrals apply for membership, they will need to answer “YES” when asked if they were referred to SHRM by a current member on their membership application confirmation page, and fill out the information requested. If they join, you get rewarded. It’s that easy.
Program Rules, Restrictions and Other Information
- Only active members in good standing can participate in the Member-Get-a-Member program.
- Program is valid for professional membership categories only. New student members do not qualify.
- Program is not valid for current renewals, although memberships that have not been active for at least 12 months since their last expiration date are valid for a referral prize.
- To receive credit for a recruit/referral, the new member must include the referring member’s name and e-mail.If SHRM cannot verify the identity of the referring member, no prize will be awarded for that application.
- Program valid for memberships processed and activated (not just mailed) by August 31, 2013.
- SHRM staff are not eligible for rewards.
- Members through SHRM corporate clients are NOT eligible to recommend someone at their own organization (though they can recommend an HR person at another company).
- Program rules and incentives are subject to change by SHRM. SHRM reserves the exclusive right to interpret these rules.
Gift cards will be distributed via e-mail in early September.
Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, and the Amazon.com logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon.com Gift Cards (“GCs”) may be used only to purchase eligible goods on Amazon.com or its affiliated website Endless.com. GCs cannot be redeemed for purchases of gift certificates or cards, or for items from some third party sellers. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other account. For complete GC terms and conditions, see http://www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued and © 2010 ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington company.
Do you have any questions regarding the above? If so, click on the button below to email SHRM.
[button link=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” type=” icon=”mail” newwindow=”yes”] Email SHRM[/button]
Mississippi SHRM Membership
Are you interested in learning more about local membership in a Mississippi SHRM chapter? If so, email me by clicking here or by contacting the Mississippi SHRM Membership Director, Judy B. Nail, by clicking on the button below.
[button link=”mailto:email@example.com” type=”icon” icon=”mail” newwindow=”yes”] Email Judy Nail[/button]