by: Kyle Jones
Do you have a social media strategy for your Mississippi SHRM chapter? The information below lists a few things to think about when thinking of social media. These might apply to either your chapter or your business. If for your chapter – use the word “chapter”. If for your business – use the word “business.” (Yes, pretty simple concept.)
Questions to Ask
- Who are you trying to reach?
- Who are you reaching now? Why are you not reaching who we need to reach?
- Where do your members get their info?
- What are things that other chapters do that are successful? Will those tactics work for your own needs? If not, is there a way this can be adjusted so that it can work?
- Have you branded your chapter?
- Listen and interact online with what is being said about your chapter. Use social media as a means of interacting with those you might not have interacted with prior to now.
- If it works for someone else that doesn’t mean it will work for you. Find what works for your chapter.
- What are we providing for our members?
- Are we thinking outsdie-the-box?
- What gives you an authentic voice?Do you have any techniques that have worked well for you? If so, let us know.
About the Author
I am a fan of comic books, science fiction, gadgets and a devoted fan of Doctor Who. Professionally, I am the Human Resources Manager at Megagate Broadband, Inc. and served as the first Social Media Director of Mississippi SHRM. I am a longtime SHRM member and continue to serve the HR profession online and as an advisor to MSSHRM council members.
Finally, this blog is my creative outlet and doorway to the world of Doctor Who and HR blogging. For more information, visit one of the following social networks/sites: